Stories from People Who Have Given up Vegan Diets
This is as much a bookmark page for my own reference as anything else. It will help to counter the frequent claim that “Everyone can thrive on a vegan diet.” My intention is not to bash anyone for their life choice, but to show up that universal claim as untrue.
I’m sure that some people do okay on a whole plant-based diet, at least for a while. Some may even thrive! But I’ve been coming across too many testimonies from people who’ve felt literally driven by their own bodies to go back to a more natural omnivore diet that they cannot all be dismissed as just being bad or failed vegans.
After all, if a vegan diet were natural for homo sapiens, it ought to be really difficult to mess it up, even in the long term!
- “My break-up with veganism … I’m now an ex-vegan”, by Erika Awakening, 2015
- “I’m not vegan anymore” by Alexandra Jamieson, 2017
- “The True Confessions of an Ex-Vegan” by Anna Monette Roberts, 2014
- “A Former Vegan Confesses How Veganism Was Destroying Her Health” by Tasha, 2010
- “Why Carly Gave Up Her Vegan Diet – And The Truth About Healthy Food” by Carly Shankman, 2014
- “Why I’ve Decided to Give Up Veganism for Good” by Sophie Borghese, 2017
- Read the comments on this! Vegans Are Cannibals: The Truth Behind The “New Vegan High” by J. Stanton, 2011
- Interview with Lierre Keith, “How a Former Vegan Learned to Love Meat” (YouTube video, 51 minutes, 2016)
- Interview with an Ex-Vegan: Kaleigh Mason, 2010
- Interview with an Ex-Vegan: Tasha, 2011
- Confessions of a Former Vegan – Kevin Gianni, interview, 2016
- My Vegan Diet Almost Killed Me, Jordan Younger, 2015
- Why I Gave Up Being Vegan – John Nicholson, 2017
- I Used to Be a Militant Vegan … Now I’m a Guilty Carnivore – Johanna Debiase, 2014
- I Finally Got Healthy When I Stopped Being Vegan – Gali Roloff-Handel, 2017
- “Ex-Vegan (5 Years): I Was Always Hungry – Eczema, Yellow Face, Edema, Hair Loss, Tooth Decay” – video interview, 2018
Cases of Child Neglect/Abuse