I guess I’m one of the world’s foremost experts on making profitable websites.
But, although I’ve designed websites professionally since 1994 — my interests stretch far beyond graphic design and marketing.
What really motivates me is to find better ways. I’m driven by the belief that we can make a better world – together.
- A bit of history. In the 1990′s, I was at the forefront of usability in web design, and in 2008 published a best-selling ebook: “Save the Pixel — The Art of Simple Web Design“, which is still selling six years later.
- In 2010, I launched my “Pro Web Design Course“: the most comprehensive training programme in professional web design available anywhere. That is still running.
- Later I spent several years exploring conversion optimization, and wrote “Convert!“, which was published by Wiley in 2011, and is one of the highest-rated web marketing books on Amazon.
- In 2012, I became obsessed with niche marketing, and produced my second major ebook: “How to be #1“, which guides professionals in how to identify and dominate a market niche.
Today, I devote much of my time to my Pro Web Design Alliance group — a close-knit team of online marketing specialists, and also…
New Cool Stuff
I also work continually with a diverse team to continue to develop the Pro Web Design Course, other courses, and books, to help make online marketing more profitable for as many businesses as possible.
- “How To Be Rich Today” – free ebook (PDF, Kindle, ePub)
- “Facebook Marketing Made Easy” – a quick video course in organic marketing on Facebook for small businesses
Products in the pipeline currently include…
- “Testimonials First” – an ebook that teaches a radical new way to create websites that’s totally back-to-front!
- “Consultant in Your Pocket” – a radical business concept for providing top-flight Internet marketing consulting to medium-sized businesses.
- “Barterboard” – a free social app that facilitates sharing goods and services locally
I will take on occasional hand-picked clients for conversion improvement or strategy work.
Contact me to inquire about my consulting services.
I have presented at a few marketing conferences, including…
- Ken McCarthy’s System Seminar (London 2009, New York 2011)
- The Art of Blogging For Business Seminar (Manchester, 2009)
- Drayton Bird’s EADIM (London 2010)
- DotGain: Conference on the Future of Publishing (London 2010)
- Conversion Conference (Chicago, 2012)
- Outfox Your Competition (Stockholm, 2013)
I have now stopped presenting at conferences. If I get up to speak again, it will be because a close friend asked me, and because it will make a real difference.